Just a Note ...

Just got back from walking Katie to camp.  It's beautiful outside, supposed to hit upper 70's today here in Northern Illinois.

I was so happy that the DeNami Color Challenge #8 is open until the 27th of June.  I was getting ready to head out of town when the challenge was posted and knew that I wouldn't be able to play along before or immediately after I got back.  Four days later and I had time to play!  ;D


I stamped the Small Daisy Bloom 7 times, and fussy cut them out. I stamped the Whimsical Oval Frame on the main cardstock, popped the Daisies on with 3D Foam Squares, and put a pink rhinestone in the center of each.  I know "pink" is not part of the colors in the challenge but it needed a little more to draw the eye.  The PP at the bottom is from the Chandler Collection.  I used the last of my chocolate ribbon  on this card; didn't even have enough left to make a bow so I improvised a little.  The sentiment was stamp a couple of times, punched out each word with a 1" punch, added some Vintage Photo distress ink around the edges, and layered them together and popped them on the card.

All of the items on my card are from DeNami, even the rhinestones.  I picked them up while they were in Milwaukee in May.

Hope my design inspires you to go forth and create.

Thank you for stopping by!

Product Spotlight ...
 - Stamps:  DeNami D75 Small Daisy Bloom, J141 Whimsical Oval Frame, and one of the sentiments from TR16 All Occasion Sentiment Set
 - Paper:  DeNami
 - Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa, and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink
 - Extra:  DeNami Chocolate Ribbon, and Kaiser Soft Pink Rhinestones
 - Tools:  Fiskars Scissors & Fingertip Blade, EKS 1" Circle Punch, Darice Embossing Brush, ATG, and 3D Foam Squares

Comments

Michele Gross said…
Yay! I'm glad you made it back in time to play :) Gorgeous card, love those fun daisies!! Great job with the colors Ruza :)
Lisa Elton said…
What a happy card! Those daisies are so cute...wow..lots of cutting going on there :)
Lisa Petrella said…
Super cute and fun card, Ruza! Great job fussy cutting all of those daisies! It was well worth the effort!! And I love the way you broke up the sentiment into individual circles---very clever! Thanks for playing along with us in the DeNami Design Challenge!!
Tina M said…
Those flowers are wonderful...I hate doing all the fussy cutting, but it's always worth it in the end isn't it? Just stunning!
Hedgehog Reader said…
Very pretty card, and such a nice balance of colors and elements -
those daisies are so adorable! :o)
Paulina said…
Great take on the colors, Ruza! Love the daisies in the Whimsical Oval Frame, and the addition of the rhinestones were perfect!

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami challenge!
Laurie said…
Adorable!!! You know those flowers are my favorite right? :) Great job with these colors!
Andrea M said…
Ruza, girl, you rocked this color challenge! Love those awesome daisies - the rhinestones are PERFECT! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with DeNami Design!
Greta said…
Great card! Love your design!
Sheryl said…
That's a lot of fussy cutting! I'll bet the flowers really pop in person, with the pretty rhinestones.