Season's Greetings ...

Good evening again. With the holiday season coming sooner than
later I finally sat down to try and design my holiday cards. I
decided to use some new goodies I recently purchased.


I was inspired to create a Glittered Frame using Scor-Tape and glitter
from the Make It Monday Challenge #191 ~ Glittered Frames.

I tried making the frame a couple times and found that ...

#1 ~ Not all glitters work well with this technique.
#2 ~ I couldn't make a straight line, even with Scor-Tape
if I wanted to. LOL

So ... I used a ruler and pencil, proceeded to create my square
and then applied my Scor-Tape and glitter onto Vintage
Cream cardstock from Papertry Ink, which I layered
on Tropical Teal cardstock.

The colors and focal point was inspired by the current
 House of Cards Photo Inspiration Challenge/DT Call.

I pulled out my new Together Die from Penny Black and
sentiment form my stash. This is the only holiday
combination I could find that worked.

I'll probably make about a dozen of these beauties during
the week since I normally create 4-different
designs for my holiday cards.


Challenges I'd like to enter ...
Make It Monday #191 ~ Glittered Frames (Papertry Ink cardstock)
House of Cards Photo Inspiration Challenge/DT Call

I appreciate you stopping by ...
Until next time ... Enjoy!


Products used:
 - Paper: Papertry Ink Tropical Teal & Vintage Cream, AMS (color unknown)
 - Stamps: AMS Peace on Earth (sentiment)
 - Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
 - Other: 1/4" Scor-Tape, DeNami Xtra Fine Sparklets

Comments

Nancy Penir said…
Just beautiful Ruza! Those reindeer are the stars framed in glitter! Perfect holiday card!
Kathy Mc said…
Great results…even though it wasn't as easy as Dawn made it look to create that glittered frame. I agree!
Mynn xx said…
I think this is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the glittery frame you created for your deer--it's so festive! This is amazing! Thanks for hopping with us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

PS: You will hear back about the DT call by the 20th. :) Good luck!!!
Rosmarie said…
What a beautiful card Ruza! Love how glittery you framed your deers!! Looks great!
Thanks for playing with us at the House of Cards Blog Hop, and also for your sweet comment about my card.
Rosi x
Toni said…
THis turned out amazing! I'm so glad you mentioned using the right type of glitter with the frame technique--I thought my attempt was an utter fail but perhaps it was actually the wrong product. I'll keep telling myself that anyway! Thanks for joining in at HOC this round!

toni
Donna Nuce said…
Love your glittering CAS card Ruza! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards challenge blog. Good luck on your design team application.
cohenna said…
Beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at House Of Cards :)
Vannessa said…
Sucha great CAS card Ruza and like you I am challenged when it come to drawing straight lines, even with a ruler! LOL

Thank you for joining in the House of Cards Blog Hop Challenge this time.

Hugs, Vannessa
HOC DT