Thank you Paper Crafts ...

It is with sadness that I write this post in honor, and with TONS of LOVE, for 
Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine.

If you arrived from the very talented Virginia Lu, then you are in the
right place. However, if you just arrived and would like to start
at the beginning, to see all of the LOVE and memories being shared
today, make sure you head over to Jennifer McGuire's Blog!


Paper Crafts Magazine was one of the first crafting magazines I ever looked at.
I received it for FREE at the Summer CHA in Rosemont, IL 4-years ago.
Attending this event is what inspired me to design and create my own
 cards vs. buying them at the store.

I've only been published 1-time in the Paper Crafts Magazine Stamp It Cards Vol. 9,
with this card featuring Avocado Arts Wishes & Kind Thoughts.

The email from Susan came at a time in my life when I was struggling with how
my future looked. I won't go into a lot of details, but I will say that I was
shocked that my card was actually chosen for publication. It was the
3rd time I ever submitted a card, and I shouted with joy and did
 a little dance. My husband thought I finally lost it!
Then I told him about the email and he was very
proud of my accomplishment!

The email from Susan gave me a purpose. It made me realize that life,
in general, is what you make of it. It inspired me to continue doing
what I was doing, and keep trying to do the best I can in
whatever I chose to do.

Even though I've never been published again, the email I received lifted my
spirits and in general changed my life for the good. That being said, I  had
 to join the group of amazingly talented artists and company's for today's
Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine Swan Song Blog Hop!



I created this card to say "Thank You!" to the staff at
Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine for all that
you have done for so many people! 

You will sorely be missed by many!

Your next stop today is another very talented artist ...

Sending lots of "Love" to all of the staff at PC&P who have brought so much joy and happiness, along with tons of inspiration to many!




Products used:
 - Paper: Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor Blank Card 3-1/2" x 4-7/8"
 - Ink: Faber-Castell Gelatos
 - Other: Paintbrush, Water, YNS Gumdrops

Comments

~amy~ said…
What a cute avocado arts card...love your one for today...fantastic colors.
Lea Lawson said…
Very pretty card!!! Lovely tribute to PC&S!!
Thank you for a sharing a beautiful card.
Shelly said…
Both are such sweet and pretty cards! Lovely post!
Virginia L. said…
I am SO glad that you got the chance to have a card published in Stamp It!! It is bittersweet to do this blog hop for sure! Please know that your creations are beautiful and I hope that you continue to make cards! Today's card is made with such love and thoughts. HUGS!
Keren Baker said…
It's a great feeling isn't it- to be affirmed and it sounds like it came at just the right time for you. Love the technique on your card and they're both great cards x
Thanks for sharing your card and your thoughts about PC&S. I still have that issue and will have to take a look at your cute card!
Jodie Stoddard said…
You create wonderful cards and what a great tribute you posted.
Ashley Newell said…
What a lovely card! I love those colors, they look like my wedding colors.
Jill Norwood said…
Beautiful cards and heartfelt post! Thanks for sharing it!!! Hugs - Jill
maria f. said…
Such a pretty card and heartfelt post. Keep on creating!