House of Cards August Challenge ...

Good morning! It's the first of the month, and that means it's time for a New Challenge over at the House of CardsThis month's Challenge is a Word Cue ~ Metallic's.



We would love to see your projects featuring "Metallics". Whether that is paper, ink, or other crafty products to create a metallic look.

I don't use Metallic's in my designs so when I saw this months challenge I decided to pick up some iCraft Deco Foil. I've scene several projects in blog land using the Deco Foil and thought it looked awesome.


To start my card I cut my cardstock to 4" x 5-1/4". I then created a design with 1/8" Scor-Tape. Once I was happy with the background I removed the tape backing, and applied the Gold Deco Foil. Since I don't have any fancy tools to secure the Deco Foil after placing it on my design. I just used my finger to rub it on, and then used my score tool to rub over the foil a second time.

I pulled out my Nestabilities Oval Dies and used one of the Papertry Ink Scripted Sentiments in the center, and went around the edges with a Gold Leafing Pen.


Thin foam 3D tape was used to layer the Metallic Design to my base card, and regular 3D Foam square were used to apply the sentiment. Final step was to add the Lilac Paper Roses for a pop of color.

Make sure you hop on over to the House of Cards Challenge Blog for all of the details for entering our Monthly Challenge. I can't wait to see what inspires you this month!

Challenges entered ...
 -

I truly appreciate you stopping by, and love reading your comments.
Until Next time ... Enjoy!






Products not listed above ...
 - Papertry Ink Vintage Cream cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Comments

Mynn xx said…
This is beautiful, Ruza!!! LOVE the CAS feel with the POP of purple in the flowers! Gorgeous card! HUGS! :) Mynn xx
Donna said…
What a stunning card Ruza, like that deep, deep gold and that purple is perfect (my favorite color)! Donna T. HOC
Merethe A said…
Nice card Ruza
(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/
Donna Nuce said…
Hi Ruza! Love the look you got from this Deco Foil! So elegant!
Have a great day!
Donna HOC Teamie
StephC said…
So pretty! I love the gold and purple color combo. It's a beautiful card. Great interpretation of this months challenge!
Toni said…
The foil works so well with Scor Tape--love it! I've tried using sticky embossing powder with that foil and hate the results--nubbly and inconsistent stickiness which could totally be my overheating it or something. I just bought 2.5" wide Scor Tape (excellent price on Amazon right now) and am going to try it with the foil. Neat!

Toni
HOC DT teamie
I love your pretty purple and gold color combination, Ruza! This is a beautiful card!
Take Care!
Michele, HOC teamie
sue t. said…
I love how this is soooo CAS, yet the gold makes it seem so much more complex! Awesome!!
This is gorgeous, Ruza! I love the pop of color you've added too.
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie
Dotty Jo said…
Very elegant, Ruza... Great use of the theme and such crisp stamping, Jo x
Lilian said…
Beautiful card! Great design!
Lilian HOC teamie
The Leaf Studio
craftysahmiam said…
What a neat idea to use the tape and foil to make a background design on your lovely CAS card - Heather HOC teamie
Monika Reeck said…
Ruza this is adorable
so CAS and clean
so lovely sentiment too
and cute purple flowers
Love your DT card
see you soon on my Metallics card
hugs, Monika (HOC Teamie)
Jane Knudsen said…
Boy - is this one stunner of a card! I love how it is put together - classy and elegant! jane hoc teamie
Barbara Rankin said…
Oh wow, I love your foil and tape technique. It looks amazing. TFS Hugs, Barbara HOC DT