Shaker Birthday Card ...

Good morning! I'm hosting the Great Impressions Blog today featuring the Mason Jar (F616) and Happy Birthday (C340) Sentiment.


When I saw the Mason Jar (F616) from this months release the first thing I thought of was a Shaker Card.  To get the window for the Mason Jar, I stamped the image and used my knife to cut the image out. I went very slow and just a hair away from the exterior edge of the stamp.  I adhered clear cardstock behind the Mason Jar opening with 1/4" Scor-Tape, and then added 3D foam tape around the jar opening.

I then stamped the decorative part of the Mason Jar several times, colored each section with my Copic Markers, fussy cut them out and layered them back together. Next up was to stamp the Mason Jar on my cardbase. Once that was done I put some tiny beads in the center of the Mason Jar and adhered the cover with more 3D Foam Tape around the entire cover.

The colors on the cover were created with a variety of Distress Inks and a dauber. Now I did this a little backward ... I added the Distress Inks after I adhered the cover to my cardbase vs. before.

The Happy Birthday (C340) Sentiment was stamped on my Nestabilities Ribbon Banner Die, where I cut small slits on both ends to weave in some Toffee Twine which was used to tie it on my card. The final step was to add Enamel Dots, and Liquid Pearls were applied, around the cover.

Here's a closer look of the Mason Jar (F616) laying down ...


If you haven't heard of Great Impressions Stamps make sure you hop on over to the Store to check them out. There are so many AWESOME stamps to play with, and all of the Accessories you need to create your projects with!!!

I hope you'll check out our Monthly Challenge, and if you use Great Impressions Stamps make sure you also link up to our Customer Gallery.

Challenges enter ...
 - Crafty Cats Challenge #292 ~ Autumn Colors
 - Crafting with Friends Challenge #6 ~ Anything Goes
 - Pile it On Challenge #86 ~ Birthday

Until next time ... Enjoy!





Products not listed above ...
 - Cardstock: Papertry Ink White & Clear Cardstock
 - Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Tim Holtz Antique Linen - Wild Honey - Tea Dye & Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink 
 - Other: Studio Calico & Simple Stories Enamel Dots, Nestabilities Ribbon Banner Die (S4-324), Buttercup & Orchid Liquid Pearls, 3D Foam Squares, Xyron Sticker Maker

Comments

Unknown said…
Dear Ruza, You have made such a pretty card, so beautifully colored and embellished. Thank you for joining our 'autumn colors' challenge at Crafty Catz and please come back for a brand new theme.
Hugs,
Anna xxx
Elizabeth Hart said…
This is one fabulous card - love how the shaker was constructed! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)
BethieJ said…
LOVE your shaker card!!!
Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
Hope to see you join us again soon!
Have a GREAT Day!!
CraftingMum said…
Lovely card fab shaker design!thanks for joining us at Crafting with friends. Louise DT x
Judy McKay said…
Cute card. Love the design. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with friends this week. Judy DT