Southwest Pottery ...

Good morning! It's the first of the month, and that means a New Challenge over at the House of Cards starts today. This month we have a Theme/Color Challenge for you ... Gatefold and/or use the Colors in our Inspiration Photo to create your project this month. 



I went with a Gatefold card with a slight twist, mine opens from the top and bottom.


I haven't water-colored in a while, so I pulled out my Art Impression Stamps to create the western scene for today's card. I still need a LOT of practice but I enjoyed playing with the AI Southwest and Roving Rocks stamps.

My sizing is a little off on the flaps that open, but I love how my card turned out.

Here's a look at the card when its open ...


Challenges entered ...
 - Brown Sugar Challenge #218 ~ Anything Goes

Until Next time ... Enjoy!










Products not listed above:
 - AMS French Roast & Papertry Ink Kraft cardstock, Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper, Marvey Markers, MFT Pierced Rectangle Dies

Comments

Donna said…
Stunning card, amazing coloring and like that fold!! Your teamie Donna
This is gorgeous, Ruza! I love the way you've use the color palette and your gatefold is awesome!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie
Jane Knudsen said…
Stunning! Your watercoloring is perfection and I LOVE this fold! jane hoc teamie
Mynn xx said…
Oh, this is FABULOUS, Ruza! I just always love to see your gorgeous coloring, and this card is no exception! I like that you turned the gatefold on the side, too! Totally stunning, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx
ELE said…
A very elegant card, could easily be a picture hanging on the wall.
This is beautiful! Thank you for playing along at Brown Sugar this week.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs
Brown Sugar DT
creativEle
Glittered Paws said…
I love how your card turned out too - and the watercoloring is great. Love this take on the gatefold.