Loving Life Portfolio ...

Good morning! It's time for a NEW Scor-Pal Challenge. This month our Scor-Pal More than One Score Challenge #46 is "All Things Bright & Beautiful".

I just got back from a Crafting Retreat in Las Vegas on Sunday, and couldn't resist making a portfolio similar to what we created there. Ginger is an awesome teacher and this portfolio goes together really fast. My portfolio measures 4" x 6" vs. the 8-1/2" x 10-1/2" one we made at the retreat so I tweaked it to make it my own.


I always give my son a list of crafty goodies that I would like for Christmas, and one of the items I received is a package of 4"x6" Med Weight Natural Chipboard. This is what I used to create the cover for my portfolio. I covered the chipboard with Artisan Linen Cardstock by using the last of my Scor-Tape 8-1/2" x 11" Sheets that I cut down to size along with some 3/8" Scor-Tape. This is the quickest and easiest way to adhere chipboard to your cardstock.

Using a variety of sizes of Scor-Tape ... 1/4", 1/2" and 5/8" ... I covered my album with a 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" paper pad from Heidi Swapp called "Hello Today" to decorate it. The flowers and sentiments on the cover are from Simple Stories newest release called "I AM" that I got at the Retreat.

You may be wondering why I used so many different sizes of Scor-Tape. The simple answer is that some sizes work better than others, depending on which section I'm working on.


The cover of the portfolio is chipboard that I covered in the same manner as the base of the portfolio. I used Basic Grey Small Magnets under the design paper to hold the cover closed. The small magnets were also used on the left and right side panels, as shown in the picture below.




One (1) Basic Grey Large Magnet was used to hold down the center panel that lifts up. 


I added a small pocket to the bottom of the center panel. Inside this pocket I put one of the pieces found in the Scor-Dies Pocket Pen Pals - Basics Package C. I added one of the stickers from the Simple Stories pack and distressed the edges. This is a cute way to add some journalling to your projects.




I used my Scor-Pal Eighths Board for scoring all of my cardstock to put the portfolio together.

I hope you stop by for more information about this months Scor-Pal Challenge #46, see what the other designers created to inspire you, and join in the FUN. 

Challenges entered ...
 - Simon Wednesday Says: Anything Goes

Until next time ... Enjoy!




Comments

fusiafscrapping said…
Ruza, this is a gorgeous creation! I love your portfolioi - simply stunning - gorgeous work!!
Mandy said…
Wonderful creation Ruza! The design is wonderful and I love your choice of papers.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx