Sunflower in Bloom ...

Good morning! April has left us with a bang here in Northern Illinois. We actually had temperatures in the mid 70's today! I hope this streak continues because I need my warmer weather so I can start working in my yard. Speaking of yards, I'm hoping to get a garden going in between the bushes in the front of my house. I love flowers, but I don't have a green thumb. Now that we are talking about flowers, how about I share this months Scor-Pal Challenge with you.


As I mentioned above, I don't have a green thumb. However, I can make pretty flowers out of paper.


For today's old fashion stationary/card I pulled out the last of my Webster Pages Wonderful Fall Collection and my Spellbinders Build a Sunflower Die D-Lites. I've had this die for some time, and had an awesome time making my Sunflower. I used cream cardstock for my card, added the beautiful paper and distressed the edges for some contrast. I made a bellyband for my card, and added my Sunflower. Each section of the Sunflower was popped up with Scor-Pal 3/4" Foam Tape.

Here is my card with the bellyband off.

Using the last scrap of Scor-Tape Adhesive that I have, I put it behind the little bird in the teacup, and then fussy cut it out. I love how easy it was to adhere this to the inside of my card. I left a lot of room for writing a letter to my Book Buddy.

Here is the card open.

I don't know if you can see it, but I fussy cut out an extra butterfly and popped up it's wings with the Scor-Pal 3/4" Foam Tape. Here's a closer look. 


I added Want2Scrap Pearls to the center of my Sunflower to give it a little extra.

I used my Scor-Pal Eighths Board for scoring all of my cardstock to create this card, and 1/4" Scor-Tape for putting everything together..

I hope you hop on over to the Blog for more information about this months Scor-Pal Challenge, see what the other designers created to inspire you, and join in the FUN. 

Comments

Cards By MI said…
Lovely creation with wonderful design and colours. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie
Lin said…
I love your card, inside and out, Ruza! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! And I encourage you to dive into a little garden - it will bring you pleasure for years to come! You'll learn as you go.
fusiafscrapping said…
Love sunflowers. Your is sensational.
Gina's Cards said…
Such a beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx